Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Caution: Busy week ahead

So I sit here wide eyed contemplating how busy the rest of the week is going to be for me. This is actually quite unusual, as I stay at home 6 days out of 7 most of the time, being a mommy.

The reason for my busyness is my new venture, housekeeping. I have decided to try my hand at cleaning houses for some income. Much needed income. In these times of economic suffering, a one income family with 2 kids feels it strongly.

Tomorrow morning will start very early, around 6 am, and will be filled with hustle and bustle getting the kids to Nana's, buying some cleaning products necessary for the first job, starting the first job, having lunch with a new friend from church, and returning to get the kids before 2 pm so Nana can fulfill her duties to picking up the other grandchild from school. Then, I have a WIC appointment on Wednesday, and hope to clean my own house afterwards. Thursday, is more cleaning on the first job, as its a deep clean before the client moves in. And finally Friday brings another cleaning job at my sister's house. It also means Kevin's much anticipated fishing trip to KY Lake with some men from church begins, and he won't be home until late Saturday night. Whew! My brain hurts from all the thoughts running around inside it.

Some good news is I have 3 new potential clients for housecleaning, and I am to get with them for estimates at the beginning of next week. I couldn't be happier. I am looking forward to the income these houses will bring. Prayerfully, it will relieve some of my financial strife. I just hope I don't poop out and fall over dead while doing so.

Today consisted of a wonderful meeting with all my mom-time friends at church this afternoon, a visit with my aunt Betty Sue and uncle Barney [they hadn't seen Karlee yet], and a verrrrry long nap late in the afternoon. Those naps are a catch 22, as I sleep so well when I nap during the day, and agree to the fact that it's healthy, much needed rest....however it kicks me in the butt when it's time to be sleeping at night [like now]. But when you're an insomniac by nature, you lose sleep at night most of the time anyways, so my theory is sleep when you can - regardless of what the consequences of a nap are. Those naps are few and far between with 2 kids and busy days, so I feel blessed to have received them when the opportunity presents itself.