Saturday, April 11, 2009

At my wits end...



So as I write this, I am nearly cross-eyed from exhaustion. Today was a big day. An early one at that. It's Easter weekend and today we had our church egg hunt, followed by at day in Alvaton with the in-laws and such. Of course there were more eggs included in that venture. Kole has eaten more candy than I myself could consume, and had a rancid diaper to prove it. YUCK!


I am just mentally wore out. From sun up to sun down and beyond, I can't ever seem to get a moment of down time [at least mentally]. Right now the kids are sleeping, the dogs are snoring, and the husband is fishing (yes, night fishing) and I sit here alone in bittersweet silence. Yet, I'm frustrated. I just have hostility when he goes fishing, leaving me here to do what I do ALL week long anyways, with no opportunity to enjoy the same privileges as he does. ...moving on. After a day full of lots of sugar and minimal sleep, I am hitting the sack -- solo [which is actually OK with me].