Thursday, January 13, 2011

January 9-13...(5 more things I love)



January 9...I love my Alero!!! I've had my car since I was a senior in high school!! Since 1999! I've clocked every single mile it's received, and right now there is 178,000 miles on it!!! WOW!
I've changed the oil religiously, and stayed on top of tire maintenance, etc....it hasn't let me down, not once. What a great American made car!! Love it :)

January 10....I love this "wind tunnel" fan! We've had one in Karlee's room since she was born, more for the noise than the air movement. It "blows" fiercely...and the noise that it puts off drowns out all the other background/house noise, making for a lulling, peaceful, uninterrupted session of sleep. Kind of like white noise, but better :)

January 11....Ok, so I am not typically a fan of Oprah....have probably only watched her show (which has been on for 25 seasons) 20 times ever. There's something about her that I really DON'T like. I also believe she may just be the Anti-Christ....and I'm not being comical. It's really scary that "someone", an actual person, has that much sway in America. And I'm not absolutely certain about her religious views...BUT they're a smidge shady for me.
However, with that being said about Oprah as a person, I have to say that her new creation, THE OPRAH WINFREY NETWORK, is simply fabulous. All the shows, and they range from cooking to fashion to home organization, etc, are very watchable. It premiered January 1, and I am already hooked. Thank you Oprah for bringing some talented hosts and informative information to TV for women!

January 12....I love my griddle. Sounds silly, but I do. It's by far my favorite kitchen appliance :) An absolute essential in the McGee kitchen.



January 13...Dr. Oz! EEK, I love this man. His body language, knowledge, friendliness, demeanor, sincerity, etc....he's amazing. He has his own show now, and although I don't get to watch a lot of TV, I do love his show....I always learn something new, and usually it's multiple topics. How awesome that there are shows like this one, that will slowly educate humans HOW to take better care of themselves, HOW to prevent certain illnesses and diseases, HOW to do self-exams.....etc! Very talented man, very enjoyable show -- love it!