Monday, January 25, 2010

RSV

This isn't one of those normal blogs. This is just a note to myself, to remember, because if I don't write it down I don't remember it.

Karlee bug is sick...very very sick. This is her first time to ever be sick with more than just a runny nose or diaper rash. She has RSV along with pneumonia, and a raging ear infection in both ears. She ran a fever all weekend long (sometimes even while medicated) and was very hard to please, which is unheard of for Karlee. I debated on whether to take her to urgentcare or wait to get into her actual pediatrician, Dr. Simmons.....when I took her in today, to Dr. Simmons, and got the test results back, I felt guilty for waiting...Poor child was sooooo sick. She is still very sick as I write this (12 hours after diagnosis) but I can see signs of improvement in the future. We're doing breathing treatments every 4 hours, and she's on an antibiotic for the ear infection/pneumonia. They say RSV can take 2 weeks to run its course...so I am praying for a speedy recovery. It's the worst, most helpless feeling to be a mommy of a baby who's sick. I just hate it.