Thursday, September 3, 2009

Beth Moore...

So I've been taking this bible study on the book of Esther. It's written and taught by a great Christian woman, named Beth Moore. It's "facilitated" by one of my favorite women at my church, Patty Quigley (who truly is an inspiration to me). I am so glad that I have allowed time for myself to do this study! I am in need of lots of learning in the bible. My spiritual path is very new. This woman, Beth Moore, is phenomenal. I am taking so much from this study. Not just about the biblical story, but more so about being a woman in today's world. The repetitive line in the study is "It's tough being a woman....." And you know what? It IS tough being a woman!! However, I consider myself darn lucky to be a woman of God, a princess of the High King, a sister in Christ to other Christian women, a mother to 2 wonderful children, a wife to a loving man, a daughter to a supportive mom, and a sister to a self-less woman. This study promised to be revealing of something very personal in the nine week course of curriculum, and if the above is what is "revealed" to me...I'll take it! My attitude this morning was really poopy, as it was rainy, gloomy, and hurried. As the day progressed, the sun started shining, accomplishments started happening, and my spirits started to lift. After this evenings bible study, I feel refreshed and inspired. We're going into a "3-day" Labor Day weekend, after tomorrow, and I am looking forward to it!! I pray that my attitude stays positive, and that our weekend is chocked full of happy times and memories made!!