Karlee having a biter biscuit - one of her first - she approves.
Kole with a "should-have-been-picked-a-week-ago" squash. He's happy about it though!I just haven't had time to do anything except LIFE these days. I pondered whether to post an entry or just delete my blog all together since I haven't posted in weeks/months. I decided even a small post would be better than deleting the effort I had already put into the past posts... So here's a smidge of the things that have been going on in our crazy life!!
- Kole started preschool at Red Cross Elementary this week. HUGE deal. He's loving it, but I don't think he's digging the lack of sleep that its causing. Up every morning at 6. Out the door to school by 7. Picked up at 2:30. That's a long day for a 3 year old who's used to sleeping in and taking mid afternoon naps. I have faith that he'll adjust. It may be slowly, but kids are resilient.
- Karlee is going to Nana's the 2 or 3 days a week I work...And she's growing well. At her 6 month check up in August, she weighed 18 pounds! And, as we speak I am certain she's going through a growth spurt. She can't seem to get enough to eat, and is waking at night, which she hasn't done since she was 4 weeks old! This too shall pass.
- I am still cleaning part time. And although, my OWN house is a total mess most of the time, I am enjoying the "job".
- I have started a new bible study on the book of Esther, by Beth Moore. There are no words for how awesome it is. She is a great teacher, and I am really enjoying the time to dig into God's word deeper than I have before. It's rewarding.
- Our garden days are about over. The deer, rabbits, and coons have had their fair share, or more, of our goods. We managed to harvest a decent amount of zucchini, yellow squash, and corn. However, we didn't get near enough watermelon or cantaloupe. And as weird as it is, the okra has just now started producing. Nothing else that we planted (peppers, onions, carrots, etc.) even sprouted. The pumpkins we planted in July aren't doing so hot either...almost half are dying. Total bummer. Lesson learned though, next year there are many things we'll do different.
- AWANA is going to start in September. Kevin and I both accepted "director" responsibilities this year. I am lifting up lots of prayers that we will keep a good, Godly, attitude about the upcoming year. It takes a lot of motivation and perseverance to go each and every Wednesday, and not get burnt out. It's a HUGE responsibility, but overall, the payoff is ENORMOUS. We've (OBC) had a multitude of kids accept Christ as their savior in the last 2 years of AWANA. Awesomeness!
- I recently went to my 10 year high school reunion. It was a good time. Even Kevin enjoyed it! Some people haven't changed at all, and others have changed tremendously. For the most part, it was the same old high school b.s. But, regardless, it was a nice experience, and I am glad I went. Has it already been 10 years? Man, time flies...
- At this moment in my life, I feel richly blessed by all the things the Lord has given me. My beautiful family
, good health , a perfect house where love grows daily, vehicles that get us from point a to point b and beyond, mostly paid bills and jobs to keep doing so, a church where the holy spirit is on the move, and oh so much more. Glory be to God for all these things! I know He is the ONLY reason we're floating on top of the water instead of a foot under the surface, and for all this I am grateful